Sunday, July 5, 2009

Donuts and July


I can't believe it's already past the 4th of July! Already over half way through 2009. Crazy. I can't decide if that's good or bad. My next few weeks and months are jam-packed with fun things to do, and I just don't know that I'm ready for it all. So much planning and preparing and doing, and so little time! However, I keep taking the time to be lazy or spontaneous. Like today. I slept in until 10, did pretty much nothing all morning, went to church at 1, then decided it would be a lot of fun to make homemade donuts (doughnuts?). And that took me 2 1/2 hours. Time I could have used for other things considering all that I have to do, and that I probably won't even eat all of the donuts. But whatever, it was fun anyway... And I now have a stomachache from eating almost 3 of those bad boys.

So, what's been happening in the past three weeks? Taylorsville Dayzz was an absolute blast, as always. Best fireworks ever! :) I'm pretty sure I will be more tan this year than I have in the past 4 or 5 years. Somehow, I've managed to spend a lot of time outside, and I'm loving it. I've been trying to plan my company's yearly incentive trip, and so far, it's just been a big pain. I'm not really enjoying it, but I'm hoping once the ball starts rolling, it will be more fun. For the 4th of July, my family went camping and boating on Yuba Lake. We had a really good time, even though it was a short trip. I forget how much I enjoy camping! I hope I have time to go at least once more this year!

Upcoming... I have the house to myself all this week, so I'll be spending quality time at home with Princess. I just love being home alone!! And I'm still planning my trips to New York and Europe, when I have the time. Also, this week, I have family home evening, a concert I want to try to go to, a Bees game with Ariel, Kristin's bridal shower, the multi-stake pool party... Oh man. Here's hoping I get through it all successfully!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Donuts baby! NYC baby!