Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Do not save this for tomorrow

First and foremost.  I didn't get offered the job, which was actually a blessing in disguise.  I was agonizing over what choice to make, and I was so glad to have that decision made for me.  So, despite a bruised ego, I'm extremely happy over how that turned out.

2012 was an incredible year, pretty much entirely revolving around my relationship with Ray.  Obviously, other things happened, too.  But 2012 was the year I fell in love with, and married, my husband.  So all those other things are kind of trumped by that BIG occasion.

That being said, I'm really excited for 2013.  I love the energy that comes with a new year, the drive to be better.  And I'm excited to meet that challenge this year.  I haven't really made any resolutions.  But I've been pondering a lot on what I want my life to be and how I want to be better.  So I'm going to go ahead and record the goals I have for this year.

First, I want to treat my body like the wonder it is.  We've been blessed with the incredible ability to move and live, to breathe and eat, to dance and run.  I want to thank my body by being better to it.  I want to go to yoga once a week.  I want to eat only things I like eating. (I read this goal from a blogger, and I think it's brilliant.  What a great method of listening to your body!)  I want to exercise when my body calls for it, and relax and sleep when it asks, too.  I'm excited to make this step.

Secondly, my relationship with God has seemed to stall a bit as I've spent time focused on marriage.  I want to re-embrace my love for God.  I want to praise Him daily, and study the scriptures with more understanding.  I want to pray with greater fervor, and live with Christ in my heart.  I want to attend the temple and be more dedicated to my covenants.  I'm excited to re-focus on God this year!

Last,  I want to be a more loving and tender person.  This goal applies to my relationship with Ray as well as my relationship with my family and friends.  I want to be the best wife possible to Ray.  I want to respect his opinion more fully and treat him with greater kindness.  I want to laugh with him and put aside my criticisms and defeating frustrations.  I want him to feel open and able to share his thoughts with me, about anything.
I want my family and friends to feel my love for them.  I want them to always feel that I have an open ear and shoulder for them.  I want them to call when they're sad or happy, and I need to reach out to them first to let them know I'm available.  I want to be more available, whether to hang out, cheer them on, or just take their calls.

I know these goals are many, and not very well defined.  I know that means I'm setting myself up to fail.  But I'm excited to focus on creating a better life.  And maybe throughout the next couple weeks, I'll be able to make these goals more well-defined.  In the meantime, I feel pretty good about this.  2013, I'm so excited for you!

No comments: