Tuesday, April 9, 2013

My Favorite Room

We have officially moved the last cardboard box out of the new apartment as of last night!   We have been waiting on getting pantry shelving.  After waiting on an order from Walmart, and then changing our minds after the shipment was delayed, I finally made the drive to Ikea and got a simple wood shelving unit.  And with that, we kicked the last cardboard box outta there! (after emptying it of it's food contents, of course.)


 It probably comes as a surprise to no one that my absolute favorite room in my place is the kitchen.  That holds true for both the old apartment and the new apartment.  But I'm particularly excited about the new apartment and how everything is turning out there.  Not only did we buy our pantry shelving from Ikea, but we bought a beautiful set of hanging wall shelves, too, and I'm excited to grow some herbs in pots on its shelves.



And of course, my sister's EAT sign is rather great and particularly descriptive of our household.  Soon enough, something will be in those awesome potion bottles as well.  Maybe some edible rose buds?  Perhaps some lavender buds?


Our spice rack hung in our old apartment as well, and it's one of my favorite things.  I love having spices readily accessible for cooking, but having them on display makes me even happier.



We've still got more work to do, but I'm so happy with how it's turning out!  And that's all I'm showing you of our new place!  Partly because there's still work to do in the other rooms.  But partly because I want to be sure that you all come pay us a visit.  We love hosting!

No comments: