Friday, August 29, 2008

Vote Obama!!!!

Hey guys. I'm not normally one for huge political debates. I do feel a responsibility to my country, but I often do not have the patience and endurance to listen to the dredge and crap that so many of our "leaders" dole out.

However, in such an important election as this one, I can't stand idly by. Our next president must be Barack Obama. We need change in this country. I think that the people I associate with are intelligent enough to know that our country is in a terrible position right now. I would also like to hope that these same people realize that the majority of this blame must be placed on the Bush administration, and on ourselves for allowing it to get to this point.

Obama is our hope for change--our staircase out of this deep, dark hole we have allowed our country to get into. Watch this video if you get a chance: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/26447361#26447607

I have the confidence in my family and friends that we can change this election, that our vote can go to a Democratic nominee, regardless of the preconceived (and ridiculous, in my opinion) notion that LDS people always vote for a Republican. Please vote for change. I've jokingly threatened that if McCain is elected as president, I will be forced to move out of the United States. The closer we get to election day, the more I realize that this threat may have to become a reality. I cannot live in a country that will allow the Bush administration to carry on with McCain.

I still hold out hope that Utah can switch from a red state to a swing state. I'm one of the few. Please do your part in making this country better for yourself and your future children.

No comments: