Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day!

Just wanna wish everyone a happy Earth day! I'm gonna go see the Disney Earth movie, take a walk or two outside, and maybe follow Jamilyn's lead and plant myself a little herb garden to take care of. My parents are starting their garden outside, so I think I'll offer a helping hand there, too.

I love knowing that what we do on this Earth makes a difference. Whether it's good or bad is up to us. I'm not the most Earth-conscious person in the world, but I'm doing my best to reuse and recycle. I'm thankful to my dad for giving me important lessons about not littering. And for both my parents for always keeping a garden at our house. And for books like Chasing Redbird and movies like Fern Gully when I was little that helped me pay more attention to the world around me.

I'm thinking I might get a scooter so that I can pollute less and buy less gas this summer. I should just ride bikes more often, but I kinda refuse to ride my bike 11 miles to work every day... Anyway, I hope everyone's Earth day is organic, raw, beautiful, and awe-inspiring, just like our world.

1 comment:

Moddest Is Hottest said...

I love the new earthy background
here is the new blog