Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A New Puppy?

So, my sister's neighbor has puppies that she's giving away. They are black lab/pit bull mixes. Like the one here:


That's not one of the puppies, of course. Just an example. But they're so adorable! And I'm seriously considering getting one. Here are the complications: I'm kinda a busy person, so I don't know if I'll be home often enough to care for the dog. My roommate has a cat that she's extremely attached to, and may freak out if I brought in a dog (I'd of course run it by her before getting the dog). Our place is a little bit small, so there's not a lot of room for the dog to run around.

Regardless of all these reasons, I still want the dog. For purely selfish purposes, I'm sure. The pros to having a dog? Never feeling lonely, someone to play with, an excuse to take walks around my neighborhood... Like I said, all selfish reasons. What do you all think?

3 comments:

lynsie said...

I think that is awsome but remamber most labs if any mix shed like crazy so if you dont mind finding hair on all your funiture, cloths, car, in your food, any where you dont want there fur i thin there great. I love labs they are a fantastic companion and are alot of fun and very sweet deminors and most of them think they are over sized lap dogs but just remeber the sheding. the other thing to consider is if you have a dog you will always have to find an apartment that excepts animal. and usually they only except dogs under 15 lbs in apprtments with an increase fee. and i feel so bad for dogs when there owners have to get rid of them because they have to move. and then they end up at the pound. so concider the future. I am excited for you sorry for my long two sence about getting a dog. but i will tell you what i love having my dog she is the best thing ever

Chelsea Ivie!! said...

Of course I think you should do it, you'd love it! And isn't selfishness why we do most things :) Yeah get a dog, it's so fun...

Jamilyn said...

Mind you, I only have a guinea pig, which is 20x smaller than a lab, but with as busy as I am, I feel bad that I don't get to pay as much attention to her, or give her as much running around time as I would like to. Do you think you have enough time to give it enough love?

Also, my first thought was "walking a dog in the SNOW is no fun." But maybe you're tougher than me. :)

But all that aside, I understand how WONDERFUL it is to have an animal friend. And animals need good owners as much as lonely people need good pets. So it's not completely selfish.

I think it would be awesome if you got a dog! You're a great animal owner. And you're smart, and weigh pros and cons of the whole situation.

I'm excited to see what you decide!