Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers

I love celebrating Mother's Day.

I hope my Mom knows that I love her each and every day. But I'm grateful for a special day to remember just how much my Mom does for me.
And not only my Mom, but the incredible moms that my sisters are to their children. They lead with such a great example of motherhood.

Watching my nieces and nephews run around the house tonight, I was struck by just how much I love them; their beautiful spirits and individual personalities, their laughs and their trust, their promise for the future.
How can I love them so much? And how can I possibly love my own future children more? I'm just constantly in awe of the capacity of humans to love.

And it just baffles me to think that God's capacity to love is leaps and bounds above what we know; that He loves us more than we can ever begin to comprehend, with that perfect love of a godly Father.

God's plan for families on Earth is just so beautiful. And I'm so grateful that my Mom has always taught me that.

No comments: