Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My TV Husbands

Recently, my roommate Lacy decided we should list our top 5 guys we would marry as based on their TV characters. This took me some time, but I think I've got it narrowed down pretty well.
(I reserve all rights to change my mind.)

So, we'll begin with the honorable mentions:

Jeff Winger, as played by Joel McHale, from Community


Of course, he'd have to do some growing up first. But if you want any further evidence as to why I love him,
look no further than the season 1 episode, "Physical Education,"
and the naked pool match.
Sexy!






Troy Barnes, as played by Donald Glover, from Community


I'd have to marry him when he's aged about 5 years from where he is now.
But if he can make me laugh half as much as his character does each episode,
I'm in!






Michael Bluth, as played by Jason Bateman, on Arrested Development


He's compassionate, loyal, and a hopeless romantic.
Plus, he's a family man!
I'd love to mock the rest of his family along side him.








Now, on to the countdown!
#5 James "Sawyer" Ford, as played by Josh Holloway, on Lost


I'm talking the Sawyer from Season 6, and not the douchebag he can be in Season 1.
But man, the swagger, the charm, the adorable nicknames...
You know, I think I'm mostly in this for the nickname.
(And, let's be honest, those dimples!)




#4 Luke Danes, as played by Scott Patterson, on Gilmore Girls


Oh, Luke. He's SO dedicated. And generous.
He can cook like nobody's business, he's a handyman
And he is a one-woman kind of man. To a fault.
I definitely wouldn't mind sharing a twin bed with Luke.








#3 TJ Detweiler, as voiced by Andrew Lawrence, on Recess

Now, don't think I'm a creeper here.
I'm assuming that he's aged at the same pace as I have.
TJ is resourceful and a true friend.
He never gives up on others, he cares for the underdog,
and he's got that bad boy edge that I just can't get over.










#2 Desmond Hume, as played by Henry Ian Cusick, on Lost


That scruff...
Desmond is one dedicated partner.
He's athletic, he keeps his cool under pressure,
and he can withstand years of crazy.
And how I love those beautiful brown eyes.










And...
#1 Max Medina, as played by Scott Cohen, on Gilmore Girls


Max is not the most attractive on this list.
His character only has 13 episodes worth of story.
But he's intelligent, warm and charming.
He can keep up with Lorelai Gilmore, and that's saying something.
And, of all the people above listed, he always seemed the most real.
And the most marriage-worthy.
Love.

3 comments:

Missy Allen Photography said...

i think i would have almost the exact same list.. add Boone from Lost and Michael from Prison Break, though.. haha :)

Theresa said...

I LOVE this!! I'd have to REALLY sit down and list my top five...

Jamilyn said...

Desmond before Sawyer, really?