Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Sun and the Moon

I got to see three incredible bands within two days.

It was almost as good as Coachella (but not quite close enough...)

I began to listen to Noah and the Whale about a week and a half ago. Adam and Sierra gave me a crash course in their goodness during our road trip to Mesquite for the annual family vacay (I kinda hate myself for writing vacay... but it's staying because I'm nothing if not honest.)
Noah and the Whale was coming to concert on the following Thursday, and I had to go. So I joined Adam and Sierra after purchasing my $17 ticket.

And it was incredible! So, so glad I went! I'm quite in love with the lead singer.



And on the following Friday, Lacy and I showed up at the same venue for The Head and The Heart with Iron & Wine.

The Head and the Heart were so good! Like, SO good! I've been listening to their album over and over since the show. Please observe:




Iron & Wine was good, but it felt almost as if I was privy to one of their jam sessions. So I got a bit bored and distracted during those portions. But man, can they rock out with an entire band on stage... Beautiful, jazzy music.


I must be on my way because me and the roommates are about to experiment on a genius s'mores idea...

No comments: