Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thursday Thoughts

1. The song "I Could Never Be Your Woman" is sung by a man, right? I'm not making this up am I?

2. Also, in the song category, I truly love the song "Black Betty" with all my heart. In every rendition I've ever heard. But most especially, one of the first recordings by Huddie "Lead Belly" Ledbetter.

The random hand claps. The honey voice. Magical.

3. Eating tuna fish always makes my stomach feel fully empty. That probably makes no sense to anyone. But have you ever eaten enough that you're full, but you feel like you need another meal still? This usually happens when I eat salads. And tuna.

4. I've always felt that admitting that I'm lonely and wouldn't mind having someone love me was such a weakness. I still feel it. Writing that out scares me, because everyone will read it and know what a baby I am. But, you know, I don't think you guys mind. I'm a little lonely today. There, I've admitted it.

5. My new cubicle space at work makes me never want to be at work. But only because I've decorated it with 18 photos of the lovely places I've traveled to. Maybe I should re-think my decorating scheme...

6. My can of worms Christmas-ornament-turned-desk-fixture still makes me giggle. Every. single. time I look at it.

7. I should get back to work. I have piles of things to do. What is it about work that makes us so desire to procrastinate? That seems like such a non-sensical consequence to having a job...

Weekend to-do list:
~get sandwich fixins for tomorrow's lunch with the sisters
~go see Goonies at the park
~pick up my Bountiful Basket
~go to the Farmer's Market
~find a wax seal kit
~pick up my car from the service shop (for the 3rd time in a month)
~get my car registered
~ponder my thoughts from watching Into the Wild last night
~finish reading BossyPants

1 comment:

Katie said...

I love these thoughts! I have never heard that song before, I like it too! Don't you just love Bountiful Baskets? I've only gotten them a couple times but they're really great! Thanks for blogging!