Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Co-Worker Dish Time

Sometimes I wish I worked in a more normal, mainstream, corporate office. But usually only when really crappy techno music is playing in the office, just because one of my co-workers thinks life is a party at all times.

A separate co-worker makes me a person I don't want to be; namely, I consistently want to punch him on an hourly basis, and sometimes for no reason whatsoever. It's the little things that get to me.

Sometimes conversation at work steers toward phone-sex workers, and how one of my female co-workers is considering becoming one. Because it's great money. And her husband disapproves of it, but he works nights, so... she's got some free time! This is real. A real conversation.

One of my co-workers is new. He doesn't get some things yet. This is understandable. What isn't understandable is how I confirmed three times with him that I was charging a customer's card, then later he comes back to me and says, no, the customer wanted a credit. Oh, thanks for making me look like the idiot.

Sometimes my boss is cool, and makes me purchase a new, ridiculously comfortable office chair. And then work is okay again. And sometimes I get a bonus, and work is okay again. And when I leave work each night, I get to walk past the really cute nighttime FedEx guy, and work is okay again.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Hahahahaha! I love this post!!!