Tuesday, November 22, 2011

God works in funny ways

We play this game at work called Left Center Right. You have three dice, and on each dice is an L, a C, an R, and three dots. And you start out with three $1 bills. So if you roll an R, you give a bill to the right; an L, and the bill goes to the left; a C, and the bill goes into the center pot. If you get a dot, you keep your bill!

It's an incredibly fun game, particularly when you get down to the end and a few people are rolling to win the center pot. Whilst playing the game (and my likelihood of winning was veeeeery poor), I thought, if I win, I'll keep my original $3 and give the other $57 to the homeless shelter.

Out of sheer luck, I ended up as one of the last three people with a $1 bill. And out of what I can only figure as godly interference, I won the whole game.

So, I guess that homeless shelter is $57 richer. Because there's no way I'll invite the wrath of karma into my life by not donating it!

1 comment:

Katie said...

This sounds like something you would do. :)