Monday, January 2, 2012

Unknown

It's 2012. And there are no hoverboards. But there is the unknown.

One wildly successful New Year's Eve party later,
and I'm feeling hopeful for this brand new year, brand new opportunities.

But with hope and excitement comes apprehension and confusion,
and maybe the tiniest bit of fear.
I'm working on my 25 While 25 list. But I believe in resolutions.
And so, here is my list of goals for this year:

~Learn how to comprehend the scriptures more fully
~Be couragous ("All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage")
~Really clean something in the house, once a week
~Go to the temple once every two weeks
~Let go of all that fear that is not helping you one bit

It's a lofty list. Particularly that last one.
My age is starting to force me to see all that fear that I've been so good at hiding for the majority of my life. Things that were always too intangible for me to imagine I'd have to tackle.
I suppose this is the joy of getting on in years.
But there is joy within it. I do love progress, even when it's painful.

I wish each of you, my friends, a progressive, prosperous,
fun, healthy, wonderful,
and JOYFUL New Year!

No comments: