Monday, October 15, 2012

Pumpkin!

It's Fall time!
 

So, ya know, we make pumpkin things.  As you do.
From HOMEMADE pumpkin puree!
This is a big deal because it's the first time I've ever made my own puree,
and I expected it to be the scariest thing of all time.
Guess what, I was severely wrong.

Husband's favorite item was pumpkin chili made from this recipe.

Did you know the Smith's deli will cut you half-inch-thick deli turkey if you ask?
Did you know that it's pretty much the best thing?
Guess who's not making turkey dinner from scratch ever.

Ooh, ooh, but I also made Pumpkin Doughnut Muffins.
And husband (you all know Ray's name, but my affectionate term for things is almost always the generic word of whatever they are, so I'm sorry if that's annoying) said we should sell them.  Like, professionally.  So I think he also liked them a lot.
 
Ingredients:

Licked clean bowl:

Dipping the muffins in cinnamon-pumpkin pie spice-sugar:

Sneaking bites:

 Also, I homemade a mason jar of pumpkin pie spice, so I'm adding that to pretty much everything that doesn't already call for it.

No comments: